Realized today that moving the 140mm fans above the case divider causes the top lid to no longer attach to the case. The fans are simply too wide and block the lid from attaching. Have to move down to 120mm fans before reassembly can be finished completely.
I trimmed the water lines to get a cleaner appearance and reduce the overall length of my loop. I managed to remove about a foot of tubing.
After getting the water cooling installed I moved on to overclocking. Currently I am using the i5 3750K on the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 motherboard. The Ivy Bridge CPUs use thermal paste to connect the CPU die to heat spreader. I was having issues with one of the cores being 8-10 degrees hotter than the others. After delidding the CPU, cleaning up the thermal paste and applying some Arctic Silver 5, I got the temps to be grouped closer together. This was my first attempt delidding a processor. It ended up only taking 5 minutes, where other people took 45 – 60 minutes.
After delidding I was able to overclock to 4.5GHz on stock voltages with “Level 3” vdroop with temps around 60-70 degrees. Prime95 for 30 minutes was successful.
Got my 120mm fan today from Amazon, broken of course..
Organizing more of the cables for the fan controller and pumps. Out of sleeving at the moment 🙁